[MlMt] How to *move* messages out of Inbox (or emulate such a behavior)?

Dave C davec2468 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 22:47:28 EST 2016

I think I’ve succeeded.

Each Smart Mailbox is set to show contents of All Messages mailbox that
match criteria (usually “Subject Contains […]”).
Configure Inbox to show contents of All Messages mailbox that do not
match criteria of Smart Mailboxes created above.

It would be nice—in a UI kind of way—to be able to make the All
Messages mailbox invisible, as an option. I mean, once you’ve set up
all your Smart Mailboxes, when do you really need to look in it? That
is, if you’re using the Inbox as your main receptacle for sorted,
incoming mail, as I have.

Thank you to all who contributed to this thread and helped me learn a
little more about MM. I feel I’ve only scratched the surface of it’s
versatility and power.

Cheers,
Dave
less-a-noob