[MlMt] Triggering markdown with 'complimentary close' above signature

Charlie Garrison charlie-lists at garrison.com.au
Mon Dec 19 15:49:24 EST 2016

On 19 Dec 2016, at 23:42, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 14 Dec 2016, at 21:39, Charlie Garrison wrote:
>
>> Feature request: Give special treatment to the signature marker so
>> it’s not interpreted as Markdown formatting.
>
> I do give it special treatment, but only to `--` and not `--`. Note
> the added space.

I can’t tell which variant has the extra space in your example.
which is what I use for my sigs.

If you’re saying that dash,dash,space gets special treatment already,
then maybe there is a bug. Compare the two sigs below, both with
dash,dash,space sig marker, and are identical except for blank line
after sig marker (I removed blank line from first one).

--
     Charlie Garrison                   <charlie at garrison.com.au>
     Garrison Computer Services      <http://www.garrison.com.au>

[Conundrum](http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt)