[MlMt] Moving action rules to a smart mailbox?

Mon Dec 19 08:17:17 EST 2016

On 17 Dec 2016, at 1:23, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> The other day, I spent some time creating some mail-sorting rules.
> I've since decided that that's the wrong way to handle those
> particular messages.  Is there any rational way to copy the rules from
> a mailbox to create a smart mailbox, and on three different Macs?  I'm
> not afraid of text editors...

Rules are saved in this file:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist

As long as MailMate is not running then this file can be copied between
machines. You can also edit it and copy rules directly from one mailbox
to another. Keep a backup of the file though in case something goes
wrong :) (If MailMate cannot parse the file then it should save a copy
itself before recreating the default mailboxes file.)