[MlMt] Labels/colors, global rules, and in-line reply/f=f

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Sat Dec 17 02:58:15 EST 2016

Randall Gellens 2016-12-17 4:53 wrote:

> I'm preparing to finally move off Mac Eudora 6.2.4 to MailMate, and
> have a few questions:

I highly recommend you check out MailMate smart folders, they are really
smart and powerful. They have replaced all the old filter rules that I
used in Eudora and other mail clients to sort e-mails in to folders. In
MailMate all mail arrives in Inbox and when I deal with them I simply
Archive them all.

With smart folders I then have set up folders for mailing lists,
projects, customers etc.

What I like about smart folders is that one e-mail can be "sorted" in to
any number of mailboxes and I can change/add to the sorting at any time
without actually moving any e-mail. Would have a hard time going back to
sorting e-mails in to real folders now.

I have written about this here:

MailMate replaces GyazMail after four years <https://xdeb.org/node/1608>
MailMate - The email client for the rest of us
<https://xdeb.org/node/1609>

> (3) When replying, is there good support for in-line replying (where
> you alternate between quoted content and your reply)

I always reply inline and it works well in MailMate.

Fredrik