[MlMt] BusyContacts

Cevc, Baltasar baltasar at cevc-topp.de
Sat Dec 3 04:21:41 EST 2016

Hi Benny,

> The setting only affects the menu items for adding/showing contacts (when right-clicking addresses in the headers view). When doing lookups then MailMate still uses the system address book framework, but this shouldn't be a problem if both Contacts and BusyContacts synchronise with the same iCloud account. If that's not an option for you then it won't work. Sorry.
Thank you much for clarification. The “adding” feature is also useful for me (seems to work just fine).

Regarding lookup, I will then continue to open Apple Contacts for (“read-only”) sync from time to time. My switch was due to Apple’s CarDAV implementation being severely broken. Up to now the “worst thing” when not using their contact application for editing was that a contact has not been synchronised. That’s something I can live with (other than having duplicates created non-stop, which happened when editing). I don’t use iCloud and will most certainly never do so in order not to be locked in by Apple — if I would buy a new computer, I would probably rather switch to Linux as Apple’s quality and reliability is getting worse and worse by month. I’ve spent three full days getting my mails out of Apples broken mail application (by moving them to an IMAP server by hand; migration to new version did not work), that was enough to teach me not to rely on that company’s products.

As a side note: I understand you want to keep MailMate code neat and clean, and therefore use one framework only, not two. That is something I deem positive. Rather do one thing correctly than half of two or three things.

Best,
Baltasar