[MlMt] Widescreen View as default after crashed program

Sun Apr 24 01:35:15 EDT 2016

On 21 Apr 2016, at 15:26, Tim wrote:

> in the last few weeks it so happens that MailMate is crashing once in
> a while (too often, but anyway) and after that crash it resets its
> view preference and reopens with the ‘Three Panes’ layout which
> makes me change it to the ‘Widescreen’ again which is my preferred
> standard layout view.

I would like to learn more about these crashes. Could you write me off
list and provide any details and pattern of behavior you have noticed?

> My question is if there is a way to tell MailMate to always use the
> ‘Widescreen’ layout even after a crash (like a Terminal command or
> so)?

No, it's intentional because the crash might have been caused by a
layout change and then it would lead to a repeating crash. This was a
problem in the past (maybe primarily with custom layouts though). I'll
consider changing it though.