[MlMt] Disable Saving of Sent Mail

Sun Apr 24 05:25:38 EDT 2016

On 23 Apr 2016, at 21:48, Josh Fishburn wrote:

> I use FastMail, which I have set to do its own saving of sent mail. Is
> there a way to turn this behavior off in MailMate for my "Sent Items"
> folder so that I don't get duplicates of every sent message in there?

No.

> I'd rather let FastMail's servers handle this.

It's a tricky problem, because this would mean that MailMate should
permanently delete its copy of the message just after sending it.
Performance-wise it doesn't make much of a difference. Either the
message is downloaded from “Sent Messages” or it's uploaded to
“Sent Messages”. The only way to avoid this is for MailMate to
automatically detect the sent message duplicate and keep its own local
copy and “just” map it to the online copy. It might not be that
trivial though, e.g., Gmail adds headers to the sent mail which means
that they are no longer strictly identical.

As a workaround you can setup deletion of sent messages yourself. Add a
rule to the “Sent Messages” mailbox which deletes any message which
has a “Relayed” header (Relayed exists). This is a virtual header
which only exists in MailMate and not in the FastMail copy.