[MlMt] frequent crashes and freezes, + earlier keyboard lag

Michael Tsai lists at mjtsai.com
Sun Apr 3 09:08:29 EDT 2016

> On Apr 3, 2016, at 5:31 AM, Paul Sture <mailmt at techchat.ch> wrote:
>
> FWIW I've been experimenting with archiving newsgroup posts (as .eml files) in EagleFiler and on this Mac mini things started getting slow and beachballing at something like 100,000 posts.  One simple answer there is to split them into separate EagleFiler libraries, e.g. work related groups / general interest groups.  Alternatively splitting it into folders by year might help at the OS X file system level.

In EagleFiler it's best to merge the .eml files into mailbox files so that you have one file per group/folder rather than one per post:

http://c-command.com/eaglefiler/help/merge-mailboxes-message

Aside from helping with the filesystem issue, this also lets EagleFiler apply various RAM and index optimizations.

--Michael