[MlMt] Malformed INBOXES

Tue Sep 15 05:20:00 EDT 2015

On 14 Sep 2015, at 23:07, Kearney Buskirk wrote:

> In one of my 3 sources, there are 2 INBOXES. One of them functions
> correctly - the incoming mail comes into it.  But the other INBOX has
> another INBOX nested inside of it. Each of these nested apparently
> malformed INBOXES have a trash mailbox inside of them.

Most likely this is really just 1 series of nested INBOX'es, but it's
displayed as 2 for technical reasons (your IMAP server probably has all
mailboxes as children of INBOX).

> Is this indicative of a more serious problem (that needs attending
> to)? How to correct this?

In theory, you should be able to delete these mailboxes, but this won't
reveal what the real problem is since something (maybe MailMate) somehow
generates them. If it's MailMate then my best guess is that somehow
MailMate (some times?) constructs the wrong name for the mailbox for
deleted messages adding one level of INBOX.

It might help if I can take a look at this file:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Sources.plist

For debugging, it would be nice if the problem is reproducible, that is,
you are able to trigger the generation of another level.

> The other 2 sources have only 1 INBOX which receive incoming mail
> correctly and whose title is in bold.

Good, this is the expected behavior.