[MlMt] winmail.dat attachments

Fri Sep 11 10:20:12 EDT 2015

On 11 Sep 2015, at 15:05, David Vereschagin wrote:

> On 11 Sep 2015, at 2:26, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> I recall fixing a bug related to the `winmail.dat` handling.
>> Apparently it had been broken for quite some time. Try holding down
>> ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” to get the latest test release.
>
> Thanks, Benny. That fixed it. Holding down the Option key checks for
> beta releases, yes?

No, it checks for test releases which are quite a bit more cutting edge.
Some times very buggy.

> But I should have been up to date on that as I have my preferences
> marked to watch for beta builds.

That should have provided you with r5107.

>> Note that you need to use “Message ▸ Reset...” on any emails
>> already
>> fetched (in order to trigger a new attempt to auto-expand the
>> attachment).
>
> That turned out not to be necessary.

My mistake.

> But I notice that I'm now seeing both the extracted attachments and
> the winmail.dat document, as well as notice to try to get the sender
> to stop sending TNEF attachments (unfortunately, they're not going to
> change). These seem to be new.

No, that's the way it has always been. My only pleasure in built-in
support for `winmail.dat` is this message. I'm kind of impressed I'm not
swearing in it :-)