[MlMt] Url in mailinglist messages

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Thu Sep 3 06:33:20 EDT 2015

On 2015-09-02 20:44:14 (+0200), Benny Kjær Nielsen
<mailinglist at freron.com> wrote:
> On 2 Sep 2015, at 17:35, Bram Heerink wrote:
>> Is it possible to insert the url of the mailing list message in the
>> footer of each e-mail message. Shares more easy - and - is possibly
>> commercially interesting Benny!
>
> Do you mean a link to the MailMate archive in the footer of *this*
> mailing list?
>
> If I remember correctly then this is not easily done, but it's been
> quite a while since I looked at Mailman settings. (As noted before I'm
> also considering switching to something different.)

It shouldn't be hugely difficult.  The footer is added to the message
after it's been archived.  If you can convince the archiver to spit out
the archive link, you can add it to the footer.

Parts of Mailman to look at would be Handlers/ToArchive.py and
Handlers/Decorate.py.

(I may have looked at Mailman internals too closely once)

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer