[MlMt] Use GPG from Homebrew?

Wed Sep 2 03:55:16 EDT 2015

On 2 Sep 2015, at 9:25, Giovanni Lanzani wrote:

> On 1 Sep 2015, at 21:50, Kai Großjohann wrote:
>
>> is it possible to have MailMate use GPG from Homebrew?  Right now,
>> Homebrew complains it can't update GPG because there is a
>> non-Homebrew link in `/usr/local/bin`...

MailMate is currently hardcoded to use `/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin/gpg2`.
You can symlink that to something else, but note that MailMate relies on
the `gpg2` command to show a password requester when needed. I think
this can be configured for the homebrew variant, but it's not something
I've looked into.

> I would really love *not* having to have the GPG suite installed.

Note that you only need the MacGPG part.