[MlMt] Local Search Default

Fri Oct 23 05:39:52 EDT 2015

On 23 Oct 2015, at 6:04, Ralph Alvy wrote:

> Is there a way to tell MM to use Common Headers or Body as my
> preferred Local Search type (in the Message List of one mailbox)? I
> seem to remember that this was the default for me before, but don’t
> remember where that was set?

The default for the toolbar search field is “Common Headers or
Body”. It can be changed like this:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDefaultSearchScope -string
"subject"

If you need to clear that setting:

	defaults delete com.freron.MailMate MmDefaultSearchScope

There is no way to do this on a per mailbox basis.

If you mean “Edit ▸ Find ▸ Mailbox Search” (advanced search of
current mailbox) then you should use “Edit ▸ Find ▸ Use as Default
Search”).