[MlMt] Connection log files on the Desktop

Mon Oct 12 15:45:45 EDT 2015

On 12 Oct 2015, at 21:29, Eric A. Meyer wrote:

> Recently, I've started seeing Mailmate connection log files dropped
> onto my Desktop, apparently one per mailbox that had a connection
> problem.
>
> [...]
>
> Any suggestions as to why they're on my desktop, and how to relocate
> them? [...]

It's a bug in the public release. At some point I was playing with an
idea of automatically generating a log file when certain types of issues
were encountered (typically server bugs). I accidentally left this code
enabled and I didn't notice because my own server is apparently too
stable to trigger these log files. (Ironically, the content of these log
files isn't useful in most cases.)

The best you can do is to fetch the latest test release: Hold down ⌥
when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update preferences pane.
I'll probably have to make a new public release, but I'm not sure when
that's going to happen (it's a school holiday this week in Denmark).

Sorry about the inconvenience of this bug.