[MlMt] debugging send failure

Sun Oct 11 11:47:16 EDT 2015

On 11 Oct 2015, at 17:15, Sparky Doosan wrote:

> MailMate shows my outbound message in an IMAP folder called "Sent
> Messages". I cannot find this on the server and the message was not
> delivered. I cannot determine (need more coffee?) whether this setup
> issue is a MailMate problem and if so, how to debug it.

If the message has been moved to “Sent Messages” then MailMate has
definitely received an acknowledgement from the SMTP server that it has
accepted the message. It'll either arrive at its destination or the SMTP
server will send you some kind of error message later.

The “Sent Messages” folder under SOURCES is a virtual folder. Each
subfolder (if you have multiple accounts) is identical to an IMAP
mailbox in the corresponding account (under SOURCES). As noted in
another reply which one is controlled using “Mailbox ▸ Mailbox
Type”. You can also see which mailbox is currently assigned by looking
in this file (I should make that easier to find using the GUI):

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Sources.plist

If nothing specific is listed (`sent = '...'`) then it's either
heuristically derived or based on a special reply from the IMAP server
(only some servers support that).