[MlMt] Disappearing and reappearing carriage returns in message viewer

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Thu Oct 8 09:42:53 EDT 2015

On 8 Oct 2015, at 9:32, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 8 Oct 2015, at 15:24, Sherif Soliman wrote:
>
>> I launched MailMate from the terminal:
>>
>> `/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate`
>>
>> I opened different messages until I found one that displayed the
>> squished state, closed it, opened it again a few seconds later and it
>> displayed properly this time. No output being produced in terminal.
>> Should I be looking somewhere else?
>
> And this is just the viewer and not the composer?

Yes.

This happens frequently with MailMate installed on two different
machines, so I tried to think of what was common between the two and
wasn't shared with other users (because no one else seems to be having
this problem).

I have a `stylesheet.css` placed in `~/Library/Application\
Support/MailMate/Resources/MmMessagesWebView` to make the indentation
colours and style match those in Fastmail's web UI. I moved that file
out of MmMessagesWebView and relaunched MailMate, and I can't reproduce
the problem anymore. So maybe it was caused by the stylesheet.

I've attached it to this message in case it helps you confirm that the
problem was with using it. The styling of different blockquote levels
helps me easily demarcate the levels visually so I would like to be able
to use it without the associated problem (if the problem is indeed
caused by the stylesheet).