[MlMt] visualize bundle still have issues with my mail ;)

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Tue Oct 6 16:54:36 EDT 2015

On 2 Oct 2015, at 6:13, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> Hey,
>
> so I wanted to try the visualise bundle again and I still have issues.
>
> It works well when I choose like a handful of mails things work, but
> if I select *all* my unread or just my github notification emails the
> browser never opens.
>
> Anything I can do to debug it ?

I can't think of much, but I do have a couple of questions:

- When you try all your unread or all your github notifications emails,
approximately how many are they? For reference , I just tried with
11,000 messages and it worked fine, but I'm curious if you're trying
with a number that's an order of magnitude larger or something, in which
case I will try to test that too.

- After you attempt to display the visualization and nothing happens, if
you open the Temp directory from terminal with this command:

```
open ${TMPDIR}
```

Can you find a `com.freron.MailMate.Visualize.csv` file in there?

If you do, is it populated? If you can examine it with your
data-manipulating tool of choice, does it have the number of rows that
you'd expect? Are there any visible missing chunks or other obvious
problems?

I think if you don't find the file in there then something is failing
before the step of trying to launch Safari. Maybe there are some
problematic emails that stop MailMate. I mostly wrote the
visualization/plot code, so maybe Benny will have an insights depending
on what you find.