[MlMt] message submissions issue

Mon Nov 16 09:26:33 EST 2015

On 12 Nov 2015, at 23:40, Alexandre Takacs wrote:

> I have some issue in understanding the message submission process when
> a problem is encountered.
>
> One has the some choices, one of them being to "try latter".
>
> At this stage no matter what you do with the pending message it will
> stay in the "waiting to retry" state for an unknown amount of time in
> the draft folder.

I checked the code and it's currently hardcoded to 15 minutes. If it
fails repeatedly then this value is doubled for each “Try Later”
action (until it reaches a maximum of 24 hours).

I've now ensured the current delay is displayed in the Drafts folder (in
the “pending” columns).

> Trying to "send" it or "cancel send and edit" from the contextual menu
> will not yield anything from my experience.

My guess is I never implemented them because my SMTP servers are far too
stable :) I've changed the code to include these cases and hopefully
they'll work for you in the next update.