[MlMt] Copying some of the text in the Subject?

Muster Hans muster at sture.ch
Sun Nov 1 01:02:25 EST 2015

On 1 Nov 2015, at 6:49, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 31 Oct 2015, at 22:51, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>
>> On 31 Oct 2015, at 18:00, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings again. Is there a way to copy some of the text from the
>>> Subject: of a message? Clicking anywhere near it seems to only want
>>> to make it a search within the mailbox. Yes, I can do a "show
>>> source" and copy from there, but that seems like a weird limitation.
>>> Clues appreciated.
>>>
>> Show source is the only way I've found...
>
> Right-click (or Ctrl-click) in the meat of the Subject (not Re: or
> [topic] parts) should give you a contextual menu with "Copy" as the
> only choice, so you can copy the whole of that.

Looking at your message I see that if I hover the mouse over the fields
in the header pane, an underline appears to show which bits are
right-clickable; even the date field can be copied by this method.

Dunno when that appeared though, because I've had the OP's problem
myself in the past.

Currently running Version 1.9.2 (5141)