[MlMt] Evaluation results

Tue May 19 13:07:07 EDT 2015

Hi everybody,

this thread quickly exploded. That was not the intention with my initial
reply, but maybe I should have anticipated it.

Thanks to everyone contributing to the thread, but I think we can safely
stop it now. Please!

I'll reply to this one and then I'll handle any specifics off list
(politely) later tonight. Write me off list if any of you have
additional remarks.

On 19 May 2015, at 18:06, Andreas Jung wrote:

> On 19 May 2015, at 17:53, Barton Lipman wrote:
>
>> There's no need to harass people on a public mailing list who
>> subscribe in order to keep up with new ideas for software they like.
>> If you don't like it, please communicate with the developer off this
>> mailing list or just don't buy the software.
>
> oh my god...are we in the software business or in the kindergarten?
> you guys can't stand critics for paid software? How laughable is this?
> Since Mailmate is not open-source and since it is a commercial product
> (and I don't have to care about
> the language and about the circumstance of the making of Mailmate)
> there is a right to complain.

You certainly do and I hope I haven't expressed that you could not do
that. But the same goes for every other user of MailMate on this list
— also if they want to share a different view on MailMate.

**I** am the only one really required to take all complaints seriously
and handle them politely. And that's what I intend to continue to do.

> Feel free to be offended or take the critics seriously..perhaps
> someone takes a lesson from this thread.

Perhaps...

As stated above I'll go through the thread later tonight and deal with
any details. I might ask you to help me debug some of the issues, but if
you are done with MailMate then you can just ignore those requests.