[MlMt] giving up - MailMate crash - won't synchronize

Christian Hopps chopps at gmail.com
Thu May 14 23:15:31 EDT 2015

Thomas Floeren writes:

>> On 15 May 2015, at 2:55, Christian Hopps <chopps at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Multi-system cross-platform access and searching.
>>
>> My imap-email has been my "cloud" like storage for a lot longer than the
>> phrase "store it in cloud" has existed. :)
>
> Hmm. For this purpose I still would rather keep my mail box tiny
> (current & recent stuff) and drobbox-sync my old archives across the
> platforms. (replace "dropbox' with the service of your choice)

See: 'for a lot longer than "store it in the cloud" has existed'

Aside from the "why change now/if it ain't broke don't fix it", new
things like dropbox (and others like it) are not available on all
platforms (see: cross-platform). IMAP clients are ubiquitous and pretty
much available regardless of what operating system your using at the
moment.

Thanks,
Chris.