[MlMt] giving up - MailMate crash - won't synchronize

James Galvin galvin at elistx.com
Thu May 14 12:07:11 EDT 2015

On 5/14/15 7:35 AM, Annamarie wrote:
> How difficult would it be to simply start using MM fresh? Leave all
> those messages in the apps where they are now? Go reference them when
> you need them - I realize that building an address list might take a bit
> of time but maybe cumulatively not as much time as you've already spent
> trying to get this to work?
>
> I've been shocked by how little I actually go back to old emails.

My experience is the opposite.  For my day job, email addressed to me is
quite valuable and necessarily retained, for a variety of reasons I
won't detail here.  Ready access is essential.

By the way, I have email going back at least 25 years, that is not
included in this MailMate transition.  It's only accessible on old
desktops and laptops that I keep around just to have access to the
archives.  Interestingly, MailMate presents an opportunity for me to
bring forward some of these archives, which would be a big win for me.
However, I'll have to be wary of reaching a size limit as discussed
elsewhere in this thread.

And some of that old email has proved quite valuable.

Jim