[MlMt] Mailmate choked on large files

Tue May 12 04:53:24 EDT 2015

On 12 May 2015, at 10:26, Matthew Cawood wrote:

> MailMate encountered the following error: “Server response: “I5
> BAD [ALERT] Message too large.
> http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=8770”.”.
> Mailbox: “[Gmail]/Bin”.
>
> The "Bin" folder has (Failed) against it. None of the options I'm
> given - Retry, Try Later, Take Account Offline - resolve the issue.
> Nor does the link. Nor does restarting Mailmate or my computer.

Take the account offline and locate the large message (maybe using the
Size column in the messages outline). Delete it permanently using
“Message ▸ Delete Now”. This should stop MailMate from trying to
upload it to the server.

Ideally, MailMate should offer to do this for you, but the IMAP server
error is a general error which just tells MailMate to inform the user
(this is the meaning of the ALERT status). MailMate does not know what
the actual problem is.