[MlMt] Preview toggle Keybinding Selector

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Sun May 3 20:36:58 EDT 2015

On 3 May 2015, at 12:45, Allie Martin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a keybinding selector for toggling the preview message pane?
>
> The stock shortcut is a bit too long.  I wouldn't mind being able to
> toggle it with the 'p' key.

If there is no keybinding value for that toggle, you could use OS X's
keyboard shortcuts for menu items and not involve MailMate keybindings
at all.

System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts pane. Click on App
Shortcuts, then the +, and add two shortcuts for MailMate: "Show Message
View" and "Hide Message View"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j454zt4xni4x0uj/Screenshot%202015-05-03%2020.30.50.png?dl=0

There is one downside to this approach: you can't have just the letter
'p' as a shortcut. I chose ^P. And you can use that combination for both
menu items, so it works well as a toggle.

So, ideally you'd use a keybinding if it's available. If not, this is a
next-best solution.