[MlMt] Spotlight testing

Sat Jun 27 14:16:09 EDT 2015

On 27 Jun 2015, at 19:35, Alan Schussman wrote:

> This appeared to work for me, generating a bunch of messages like the
> following:
>
>  2015-06-27 10:24:04.950 mdimport[76663:14336922] Imported
> '/Users/alan/Library/Application
> Support/MailMate/Messages/IMAP/alan%40schussman.com at mail.messagingengine.com/State.plist'
> of type 'com.apple.property-list' with plugIn
> /Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/MailMateSpotlight.mdimporter.
>
> I'm not sure what if anything to expect in spotlight; a spotlight
> search for 'mailmate' for example turns up lots of spotlight results,
> but they're all associated with the Mail app; nothing comes up that
> opens a message in Mailmate app itself.

Spotlight only returns results if you have chosen a custom location for
the Messages in the General preferences pane. (Otherwise you are only
going to get results if you use the Finder and search specifically in
the Messages folder.)

Also, the test command does not index messages for Spotlight. This
happens in the background (controlled by the OS). You can use the `mdls`
command to see what has been indexed for a specific `.eml` file. If it
has been indexed then it should show up in Spotlight results.