[MlMt] Inbox-as-todo-list

Fri Jun 12 19:23:31 EDT 2015

On 12 Jun 2015, at 15:37, Lars Fischer wrote:

> [postponed messages]
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to have a similar feature in
> MailMate, either directly built-in (ideal), or using an external tool.
>  I’m sure I would not be alone in finding this useful, and it would
> allow me to integrate all my mail in MailMate.

There is nothing built-in. It's possible to set something up using tags
and smart mailboxes based on dates, but it's not straightforward. The
idea would be to e.g. have a postpone1week tag and then have a mailbox
matching emails with that tag older than a week -- with a simple rule
with a move message action (back to the Inbox). Actually, it could just
be tag/untag since the Inbox in MailMate can be told to hide certain
messages using conditions. (But then the messages would still show up in
other email clients.)

I do have some notes written down on how this could become a built-in
feature, but there is one problem I cannot solve: If MailMate is not
running then the messages cannot be returned to the inbox. That requires
a server-based solution.