[MlMt] inconsistent reply button setting

Thu Jun 11 05:09:01 EDT 2015

On 9 Jun 2015, at 11:33, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> When I go and set "When pressing cmd+R then reply to all" clicking the
> Reply button only reply to sender, not to all.
>
> I have to set "ask for reply type" to get reply all in this case.
>
> Funny enough cmd+R actually does work as the setting states.
>
> Any reason the Reply button does not match what cmd+R does ?

It is because there is a separate “Reply All” button for the
toolbar. If the “Reply” button defaulted to “Reply All” then it
wouldn't be possible to have both Reply and Reply All in the toolbar.

It is probably tricky to make this work in a way that'll satisfy every
user, but I can see why it's a bit confusing as it is now. One
alternative would be to let the “Reply” button behave as you
describe and then allow a “Reply Sender” button as well for those
explicitly wanting that. That would mirror the behavior of the menu
items I believe.