[MlMt] MailMate and TextExpander

Sherman Wilcox shermanwilcox at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 9 14:58:25 EDT 2015

I don’t know whether this is a MailMate or a TextExpander issue, but I
suspect the MailMate list might be more helpful to me, so I’m posting
here.

I alternate between liking TextExpander (TE) and Typinator for my
snippets app. Since TE recently was updated, I thought I’d give it a
try.

In MailMate, I have a keybinding “r” for Reply. When I run TE, and type
“r” to reply in MailMate, following by a Return, I get a capital “R”
inserted in the body of the new reply. [This seems to happen only if I
have also selected some text to quote in the reply.]

Does anyone have any idea why this should be? I’ll also try sending a
message to Smile Software to see what they say, and if they have an
answer I’ll post it here.

--
Sherman Wilcox