[MlMt] Markdown questions

Thu Jun 4 17:28:10 EDT 2015

On 4 Jun 2015, at 13:43, Volker Kopetzky wrote:

> I'm loving MailMate and just bought it after using it for two weeks
> now.

Thanks for the support!

> To become more than happy, I have a few questions that I couldn't
> answer by myself.

You already got some answers, but I'll add a couple of details.

> I would love to see programming language support for syntax coloring,
> yet the _```language_ annotation has no visible effect, although the
> language name is excluded from the HTML output.

It's an incomplete feature, but you can play with a preliminary
implementation described in [this
ticket](https://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/1066-syntax-highlighting-for-code-regions).
You can also watch that ticket since I'll likely update it when it's an
“official” feature.

Code styling is somewhat related to various HTML related issues which is
something I'm actively working on. In particular, styling all outgoing
HTML is needed to deal with various receiving email clients. At the
moment HTML generated by MailMate is not styled which is also relevant
for your next question.

> 3 - tables

Note that the tables generated are only styled in MailMate and any email
clients with proper default styling. This is going to improve when I've
done the improvements described above. (And then I expect you'll also be
able to provide your own CSS styling for outgoing messages.)