[MlMt] Export of {account, mailmate} settings

Wed Jun 3 06:14:52 EDT 2015

On 3 Jun 2015, at 12:07, Ale Muñoz wrote:

> On 3 Jun 2015, at 12:02, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> If you quit MailMate on both machines then you can copy
>> the `.plist` files in this folder:
>
> Can we use an alias/symlink to files in Dropbox? That way both systems
> would be kept up to date…

No. MailMate would not respect these symlinks and quickly overwrite them
(if they work at all). Also, MailMate does not detect if these files are
changed (and this cannot easily be changed). Changes could easily be
overwritten. If only 1 copy of MailMate was guaranteed to be running
then this wouldn't be a problem, but then we are back to scripting.

(Synchronization of settings is naturally on the todo, but it's not
going to happen soon. The plan is to use an IMAP mailbox to do this
since this is essentially also a cloud drive -- and the user must
already have an IMAP account.)