[MlMt] Silencing the beep when mail is checked

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Wed Jul 29 17:12:59 EDT 2015

Hi,

>> For what it's worth, MailMate currently doesn't interact directly
>> with the OS X notification system. Instead MailMate relies on the
>> third party Growl framework which uses the OS X notification system
>> when Growl is not installed. But I consider to remove the dependence
>> on Growl since I believe Growl hasn't been updated for quite a while.
>> Anyone objecting to such a change can try writing me off list :-)
>
> Object, no! I wholeheartedly support the idea, and would love to see
> functionality that Mail.app’s notifications provide, specifically
> the ability to remove/delete a message from the notification itself.
> :)

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes.  One of the most used features I
have with MailMate right now is to see a notification (via Growl) come
in for something I know is spam, or annoying, or not something I want -
I then go to the menu bar, find the notification icon, click and go to
the row for the notification for that mail item, and select delete.
Often done before the Growl notification has ever left the screen.

But to see the notification appear and have it have a button to "delete"
right there, oh man, yes please!

Scott