[MlMt] Silencing the beep when mail is checked

Wed Jul 29 05:06:41 EDT 2015

On 28 Jul 2015, at 18:49, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 28 Jul 2015, at 11:59, Randall Meadows wrote:
>
>> On 28 Jul 2015, at 9:53, Barton Lipman wrote:
>>
>>> I turned it on, restarted MailMate, and sometime later, it showed up
>>> in Notifications.
>>
>> Yeah, “sometime later”, like after publicly posting.  Grrr…
>
> Maybe more generally: after MailMate actually generates a
> notification.

For what it's worth, MailMate currently doesn't interact directly with
the OS X notification system. Instead MailMate relies on the third party
Growl framework which uses the OS X notification system when Growl is
not installed. But I consider to remove the dependence on Growl since I
believe Growl hasn't been updated for quite a while. Anyone objecting to
such a change can try writing me off list :-)