[MlMt] Silencing the beep when mail is checked

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Jul 27 17:00:35 EDT 2015

On 27 Jul 2015, at 14:16, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Greetings. I really dislike the frog-beep when MailMate checks my
> mail, and it disturbs those around me. I have already selected "None"
> for "Sound" in Preferences -> Counters, but I still hear the beep.
> Clues?

The UI in "Counters" is a challenge...

There are 4 independent sets of settings there: one for each corner of
the Dock icon a counter can appear in. Each has its own Sound option.
You select which Counter you are dealing with by the unlabeled square of
radio buttons on the left side, so even if a Counter isn't set to show
on the dock icon, it is identified by where it would be if it was.