[MlMt] Atom Editor Bundle

Wed Jul 8 05:03:05 EDT 2015

On 7 Jul 2015, at 5:46, Alan Schussman wrote:

> I'm editing this with a quickly-put-together Atom bundle -- basically
> a copy and tiny modification of the MacVim bundle. It seems to work
> okay and is super-minimal. It works like the other edit bundles, using
> ^-shift-O to invoke the popup menu to invoke the external editor.

Thanks for helping out.

> You can grab the bundle at https://github.com/ats/atom.mmbundle; clone
> to ~/Application Support/MailMate/Managed/Bundles, but be cautious
> because MailMate will overwrite and remove bundles that aren't part of
> its official set, if you accidentally un-check and then check it again
> in the bundles preference window.

For this reason, it is better to place the bundle here:

	~/Application Support/MailMate/Bundles/

> I'm not an Atom user, so I don't know if there are more capabilities
> that an integration could take advantage of. It appears to pick up the
> markdown filetype and treat it properly, at least. The command
> requires that you've run "install shell commands" in Atom.

It might be better to use the TextMate bundle as inspiration. This
includes a warning about the need to “install” the command. It also
shows the use of the `--wait` command line argument which googling seems
to show atom supports. Finally, the PATH variable is shorter. It would
also be nice if it only includes the location(s) atom actually uses.

Would you like to make these changes or should I fork and make them
myself (when I have time)? In any case, I'll be glad to include the
bundle in the default set of bundles available in MailMate.

Again, thanks for helping out.