[MlMt] Keybindings and expanding threads

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Tue Feb 24 10:37:15 EST 2015

I wanted my left and right arrow keys to close and open threads, so I
added this to my custom keybindings file:

	// Expand/collapse thread
	"\UF703" = ( "expandThread:" ); // →
   	"\UF702" = ( "collapseThread:" ); // ←

Then it occurred to me that nine times out of ten, I was holding the
option key while using the right arrow key to expand all levels of the
selected thread. So I thought to modify the keybinding so it expands the
entire thread by default, without the use of the option key. I tried
this:

         "\UF703" = ( "expandAll:" ); // →

But I find there's no apparent difference in functionality. That is, if
the first message in a closed thread is highlighted, and I hit the right
arrow key, only the direct replies to that message are shown, not the
replies to those replies. (It doesn't expand all threads in the mailbox,
either, as one might expect from a command called expandAll.)

How can I set the right arrow key to display an entire thread?