[MlMt] Smart Folder Conditions not filtering as expected

Helen Holzgrafe helen at holzgrafe.com
Fri Feb 20 16:18:23 EST 2015

Hi.

I have a large number of emails from two domains and I want to have two
smart folders: one that catches the few that have two particular words
somewhere in their header or body, and another that catches all the
others.

Here are my conditions for the one that only catches a few messages and
it works as I expect:

All Mailboxes > All Body Parts

All
	Any
		From > Domain	is  example.com
		From > Domain	is	example2.com
     Any
	    Common Headers or body   contains  MySpecialWord
	    Common Headers or body   contains  MySpecialWord2

Any message from these two domains with either special word is filtered
into this smart folder.

Here is the one that should catch all the others, but not the ones
caught above:

All Mailboxes > All Body Parts

All
	Any
		From > Domain	is  example.com
		From > Domain	is	example2.com
     All
	    Common Headers or body   does not contain  MySpecialWord
	    Common Headers or body   does not contain  MySpecialWord2

This does not work as I expect and I get all messages from both domains
in this Smart Folder.

Am I missing something crucial?

I am running 1.9 (5063).  Should I go back to a previous version to see
if it works better there?

-Helen