[MlMt] keeping sent mail with other mail

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:10:08 EST 2015

On 17 Feb 2015, at 17:56, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2015, at 15:02, Shoshanna Green wrote:
>> it occurred to me that MMate's experimental 2.0 feature of Rules lets
>> me just set up a rule on my Sent Messages mailbox that says to move
>> all incoming messages to my Inbox! So simple. So obvious.
>>
>> Is there any reason I shouldn't do that? I've always strenuously
>> ignored Sent Messages folders, so if this is going to mess something
>> up behind the scenes, please tell me.
>
> I don't see any problem with that.

Except, it belatedly occurred to me, that doing so means I won't see my
sent mail when I'm on an iOS device, or otherwise not using MailMate,
until MailMate has been run and triggered the rule. So I'm back to
BCC:ing myself.

Happily, a bit of digging turned up ticket 557,
http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/557-request-auto-bcc-option-to-from-address,
with its (otherwise undocumented?) way of automagically BCCing whatever
address I'm sending from. That was pretty much the last feature I needed
to tip me over into buying a license!

--
Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com