[MlMt] suggestion - search buttons

Thu Feb 5 15:25:31 EST 2015

On 30 Jan 2015, at 10:08, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2015, at 8:57, Giovanni Lanzani wrote:
>
>> On 29 Jan 2015, at 23:47, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:
>>
>>> Oh man, I'd pay a reasonable sum of money to have a search interface
>>> like this, using the various key-words from the drop downs instead
>>> of the dropdown.
>>>
>>> 	"from:*.domain.com before:01-12-2014 after:17-03-2013 NOT
>>> (subject:"Invoice*" OR from:landlord at evil.com)"
>>
>> would that be difficult to implement?
>
> No, I think I've also described my plan in the past (although maybe it
> wasn't on the mailing list). I already have a very experimental
> implementation (too experimental to be enabled for testing or even be
> used by myself). In short, my plan is to do something very close to
> what Scott describes, but it's going to be customizable in the sense
> that *power* users can make their own quick search language if they
> provide a script which converts it to the internal MailMate query
> language (which is too verbose to be used directly). The default quick
> search language is going to be an example of that.
>
> But I don't have time to finish it soon. Right now, the main focus is
> making the 64 bit release sufficiently stable to replace the 32 bit
> release.

Well, I might not have “finished” this feature, but it's certainly
in a useful state now. Fetch the latest test release, read the
instructions in the release notes, and try it out.

Also, I believe I've fixed the worst bugs in the 64 bit version of
MailMate. If recent releases have been unstable for you then try again
now.