[MlMt] Due app

Mon Feb 2 05:12:12 EST 2015

On 1 Feb 2015, at 21:28, Miklos Koppan wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is any workflow to add a reminder to Due app
> from MailMate?

Not as far as I know. MailMate uses so-called bundles to integrate with
other applications. In the [64 bit test
builds](http://blog.freron.com/2014/mailmate-64-bit-beta/) such bundles
are enabled in the Bundles preferences pane, but nothing exists for the
Due app.

As far as [I can
see](http://www.dueapp.com/support/osx/setting-up-reminders-with-launchbar.html),
Due supports a simple URL scheme which can be tested like this:

	open "due:///add?title=This%20is%20a%20test"

(I cannot try it out since there is no trial version of Due.)

At least on iOS there is also support for date related parameters, but I
cannot find whether or not it works for the Mac. The main question is
how dates are best handled since I assume you would expect MailMate to
somehow set a default date for the reminder based on the content of (or
selection in) the message.

Well, I created a simple bundle for Due which should appear in the
Bundles preferences pane within a few hours. This require the 64 bit
build mentioned above. It's untested and may not work at all, but it's a
start.

Off topic: For those of you that haven't noticed, a BBEdit bundle is
also available now.