[MlMt] Stop mail download

Wed Dec 23 11:43:34 EST 2015

On 23 Dec 2015, at 17:35, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> I've just downloaded MailMate & I'm _very_ impressed.

Thanks for trying out MailMate.

> So far it's downloaded 125,000 messages from what has turned out to be
> a malfunctioning Gmail account (it's set only to download messages
> from 13:00 hrs this afternoon but it's spewing them out regardless).

I'm not sure I understand how it's set to do that (or what is set to do
that)...

> MailMate is handling the situation well but it's now time to try &
> stop it. I don't want to quit as I suspect it'll only restart the
> downloads again when I reboot it,

Yes, it'll continue what it was doing before you quit it.

> so is there a way I can halt the downloads for the time being?

Yes, select the account under SOURCES in the mailbox list and then
select “Mailbox ▸ Take Offline”. This can also be done for
individual mailboxes within the account if needed.