[MlMt] Trouble connecting to iCloud (certificate validation)

Thu Aug 20 10:14:28 EDT 2015

On 20 Aug 2015, at 12:32, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 20 Aug 2015, at 12:13, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> Happened every day the last few days - eventually the mail gets sent
>> out; but takes a bunch of retries.
>
> Maybe try hardcoding the account to use port 587 to see if that makes
> a difference. And let me know if you see any kind of pattern to this
> behavior which might provide a hint to where to look for issues.

Based on another report and a quick experiment I think the problem is
that MailMate does not handle port 465 very well. This is a known issue
I've ignored for quite a while. Port 465 is a non-standardized port used
by some email providers (but not in quite the same way which is why
MailMate some times fails to handle it well). I'll note to improve this.