[MlMt] possibly unpopular feature request

Sun Aug 16 09:41:02 EDT 2015

On 13 Aug 2015, at 18:13, Joe Abley wrote:

> What are the chances that there could be a configurable option to use
> Mail.app-style presentation of threads as an alternative to what
> MailMate currently does?

The most likely addition is what I refer to as group threading, i.e., a
single level threading for which it makes sense to revert sorting (which
does not make much sense when doing “real” threading). This is, by
the way, not limited to grouping by thread (message-id). Emails could
easily be grouped by any header (and I probably cannot resist such a
generalization when I get to work on this feature).

It is more complicated to add what I refer to as a conversation view,
that is, all emails of a thread shown in the message view, but it's not
something I reject.

Workarounds for now have been described in this thread. (In particular,
note “Message ▸ Next Unread” when searching for an unread email in
a very long thread.)