[MlMt] Bug when copying subject line

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Fri Aug 14 00:45:57 EDT 2015

Hi,

One of the most common actions I do is to:

- Ctrl-click on the subject line to get a popup menu
- Select the only alternative, Copy
- Type "s " in the search area
- Paste what I copied
- Remove the trailing line break
- Sometimes edit the text to a subset of the subject
- Press return

This is a bit cumbersome, and I ask whether one can not do this in an easier way. Like for example not include the line break in the copy/paste buffer, or handle the actual copy action simpler than using a popup menu. For example, if the subject was selectable as text, I could double-click on the word I wanted, copy, paste in the search bar.

Sure, I know that clicking on the subject has a special action, to get that thread, but can one not have that function as well, in a different way? I think what I am saying is that its a bit annoying the subject is not really selectable text.

Or at least clean up the copy/paste buffer so that the trailing line break is not there.

   Patrik