[MlMt] check whether a recipient is in a certain group?

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:48:14 EDT 2015

On 11 Aug 2015, at 16:00, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 15 Jul 2015, at 0:21, Shoshanna Green wrote:

>>> I think you might have answered this question yourself. Create a
>>> draft in an otherwise empty IMAP mailbox, put the email addresses in
>>> the body of the messages, and then create a check using a condition
>>> like:
>>>
>>> 	#recipient.address ~ $UUID.#unquoted
>>>
>>> (Use the UUID of the IMAP mailbox. Put it on the pasteboard using
>>> ⌘C after selecting the mailbox.)
>>>
>>> But I don't know if that really works. It tests a comparison method
>>> which is not available using the GUI and it has undergone little
>>> testing.
>>
>> Darn it, I was all excited about this, but I created the mailbox, the
>> message with the list of addresses, and the condition check, and
>> hitting SEND on a test message produced a spinning pizza followed by
>> a crash.
>
> My quick attempt to reproduce this crash failed.
>
>> Back to the old kludge, I guess, but I hope something better will be
>> possible someday!
>
> If your draft is line separated like this:
>
> 	foo at bar.com
> 	bar at foo.com
>
> Then I think this might work:
>
> 	#recipient.address =[c] $UUID.#unquoted
>
> This is because `#unquoted` is actually split into 1 value per
> paragraph.

I tried it again with the new form of the condition and got a spinning
pizza and crash again, both with a draft message and with a message I
had actually sent to myself, not just saved a draft of, as the only
thing in the IMAP mailbox. In both cases the only text in the message
was the list of addresses, one per line.

But if it's working for you, clearly it should work! Would it help to
send you a crash report? Or I guess you've got both of today's crash
reports already, because I've ticked that box in Preferences-General.
Well, not that I think this should be a higher priority than HTML
support, but I'd be glad of help to get it working.

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com