[MlMt] Mailmate and BusyContacts

Thu Aug 13 02:50:38 EDT 2015

On 13 Aug 2015, at 5:59, Jean-Pierre Gattuso wrote:

> How do we activate the new option of BusyContacts v1.0.4 to display
> Mailmate messages in the activity viewer? I could not figure it out [I
> am using v1.9.2 (5107)].

You need to enable Spotlight indexing in the General preferences pane. I
don't think a custom location (setting in the same pane) is necessary
for BusyContacts to work, but I haven't verified this. The custom
location is necessary to make the indexed items show up in the Spotlight
search interface. I've stated before that this is a bit of a hack, but I
have found no other way to do this.

Note that Spotlight indexing might take some time depending on the size
of your message store.

(In [r5110](http://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/MailMate_r5110.tbz)
the custom locations feature has been changed a bit. Instead of simply
moving the “Messages” folder to a custom location MailMate now puts
it inside a folder named `com.freron.MailMate`. This was done to make it
clearer that the folder belongs to MailMate.)