[MlMt] How do I search in the Junk folder?

Lars Ippich mail at lars-ippich.de
Wed Aug 12 01:49:35 EDT 2015

On 12 Aug 2015, at 2:24, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Greetings. Unless I'm missing something, the search function purposely
> doesn't look in the Junk folder. There are times when I really want to
> do that, particularly as I train the system.

If you want to search the Junk folder, just go to the Junk folder, enter
your search terms in the bar and then press ⌥ + Return to tell
MailMate to stay in the current folder for this search instead of
jumping to All Messages.

I think there was a low-level way to change what All Messages contained
(currently it should be everything but Deleted Messages and Junk), but I
cannot find that at the moment - maybe somebody else can help here.

A workaround could be to create a smart folder that contains all
messages and then setting the search to use that folder by default. To
do so, click the magnifying glass icon in the search box and select the
folder under "Default Mailbox".