[MlMt] revert to default columns revert to different columns depending on mailbox...?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 17:30:37 EDT 2015

On 9 Aug 2015, at 10:19, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Trying to get my default columns to be the same across all mailboxes.
>
> I've setup defaults and it works in most mailboxes but in some they
> just seem to revert to the old default list.
>
> Is there a way to simply just reset all defaults to my preferred
> column list ?

while on airplane I tried searching for "revert to different column" in
mailmate archives and I actually found a bunch of reports of my exact
issue.

Interesting enough the solution (or rather workaround) I found in an 11
month old mail.

> SOLUTION: Nothing subtle. I spent a few hours trying to work out what
> precisely was wrong and find a fix, but nothing worked. My final act
> of desperation, accepting that I would at a minimum lose all
> per-mailbox column settings, was this:
>
>  defaults delete com.freron.MailMate MmMailboxRelatedStates
>
> And that did the trick. Yes, all my per-mailbox column settings were
> gone, but whatever was causing trouble in that dictionary of settings
> structures for 261 mailboxes also went away. Problem solved. As I read
> the labels inside those structures, there seems to be nothing other
> than display tweaks lost in whacking the whole thing, and doing so
> restored my ability to make settings stick.

I ran that defaults delete and now my columns behave as expected and
revert to default now uses my defaults, not mailmate default defaults.

I can see 2 people evaluating mailmate also reporting this as a bug that
caused them to stay away.

So maybe worth looking into figuring out how/why MmMailboxRelatedStates
fixes this ? :)

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen