[MlMt] CopyLink Bundle/Commands

Fri Aug 7 19:11:17 EDT 2015

On 7 Aug 2015, at 23:55, Dean Jackson wrote:

> I wrote [a MailMate
> bundle](https://github.com/deanishe/CopyLink.mmBundle) that copies a
> `message://` link to the selected message to the clipboard. The
> "special feature" is that it copies the link as multiple data types
> (HTML, rich text, plain text and URL), so if you paste it into an app
> that understands HTML or rich text, you'll see the message subject as
> the link text:
>
> ![](cid:62144F94-19A3-4F36-B1DB-8A7738F105B1 at deanishe.net "link.png")
>
> There's an additional **Copy Email Markdown Link** that replaces the
> plain text version with a Markdown-formatted link, i.e.
> `[<subject>](<message://url>)`
>
> I'd love to know what you think.

Thanks for sharing! I'm sure some users are going to find it useful. It
might also be worth considering to let it replace the current
(hardcoded) menu item, e.g., making it part of a bundle enabled by
default. Would you allow that?

I have a vague recollection that I tried providing an RTF variant at
some point, but for some reason I don't think it worked well. I've
forgotten why (if it's a problem then I guess its generation could be
made optional).