[MlMt] How do I make a message automatically marked as "read" with rules?

Wed Aug 5 14:17:52 EDT 2015

On 5 Aug 2015, at 5:41, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Greetings. I strongly suspect that I'm missing something, but I don't
> see a way to say "if a message matches these criteria, mark it as read
> when it is received". I tried a smart mailbox with a rule that says
> "set tag as seen", but that didn't seem to do it. Clues appreciated.

It should work as you describe. Note that rules are only applied when a
message “arrives” in that mailbox. They are not applied to messages
which are already in the mailbox. This goes for both IMAP and smart
mailboxes. (This is a caveat, because time-based conditions often won't
work well as part of a rule.)

Let me know if that doesn't help. You can send me the following file off
list if needed:

	~/Library/Applications Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist