[MlMt] AppleScript to get message:// url for currently selected message

Max Masnick max at masnick.org
Tue Apr 21 10:13:57 EDT 2015

I used the following AppleScript (triggered by TextExpander) to quickly
insert a message:// URL for the currently selected message in Mail.app.

		tell application "Mail"
			set selectedMessages to selection
			set theMessage to item 1 of selectedMessages
			set messageid to message id of theMessage
			-- Make URL (must use URL-encoded values for "<" and ">")
			set urlText to "message://" & "%3c" & messageid & "%3e"
			return urlText
		end tell

I’d like to do the same thing thing in MailMate. This is super
convenient when I want to refer to the message I have selected in a
different application.

Does anyone know how to write an AppleScript to do this with MailMate?

Thanks,
Max